A note on vulnerability: Arm\skin



Scars along my skin
sit to tell stories words cannot
lines on my skin come out
of one another like a green tree
there is a yellow bee
on the branch the sun hits

my scarred skin displays
dark days
and old events
that were never forgotten
like doctor offices
and therapy sessions
the beds are always cold
no matter how many blankets
were offered so I’d say I’m okay

people never notice
until I take my sweater off
wear a tank top or
sleeveless dress on warm days

the line that starts
in the middle of my hand
goes diagonally
to the edge of the elbow

they say scars fade overtime
the thing is they’re still
there no matter where you are
or how long its been

warm weather reminds me
that its okay to feel
out of my skin
sometimes

warm weather reminds me
the scars on my skin
deserve to feel the heat
from the sun
and to feel the air
run through my hair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A neverending story

What do I know?

Secrets (part 1)