August 30, 2017


 She had her hair up in a bun.
The strings of her bathing suit peeking out
a tank top that says be bold.

She was bold
sitting in her swimsuit in public
music blasting from her blue tooth.

Other people are looking at her
and she’s laughing with her best friend
about the cheesy joke she just made.

She laughed at her own jokes
as she only found herself funny.
She says to her best friend
Society is messed up
and her friend looks at her funny.
No I mean look around you
She looks around and shrugs
I see people she says
These people…around us…are staring at me
Her friend sighs
What I can’t lie on the beach in my swimsuit
No you should.
She replies

The sun shimmered on her brown skin
and on the tires of her wheelchair.

As she screamed at the top of her lungs
when the waves came in and immersed in her body

Her smile was brighter than the sun.


She just wanted to be bold
and you know she was.
Oh, how she had a heart made out of gold

It scared her.  
She was so bold that it made the bones in her body jump.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A neverending story

What do I know?

Secrets (part 1)