Beams




A sharp whisk of the air runs along
the back of my neck as I run
through the forest of mystery
the thick green branches gently sway
back and forth above my head
filled with a thousand chances to stay
but the branches don’t seem to sway
hard enough. I run for miles and miles.

I end up in the part of this forest floored
with darkness. I bounce up and down
as the wind accelerates on my skin
like a car on a freeway.

Perhaps this is a way to run from troubles
and mishaps to a serene place
maybe by a waterfall. I bump into a tree
shaking its branches. Orange pixie 
dust exits the one unstable branch
from this tree
onto my black, motionless scalp.
I go further into this abandoned forest
where there is a blue fluorescent light
illuminating from the sky.

The bright regretful beams reach me.
 I grimace like an owl seeing silvers 
of light at night. Could it be a portal?
A portal that I touch
and suddenly be infected
with flying dragons,
wicked potions and random
witches on brooms cackling.

Blue light,
take me to a place
where I’ll never be known.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A neverending story

What do I know?

Secrets (part 1)