Dear Sky, Dear Moon



A tender voice calls my name
in the distance
with the hopes that I will respond
Pieces of shattered glass on the ground
distorts my face
which isn’t that broken
as if it would be underneath the moonlit sky
I turn around, but no one is there
except for settling dust;
a ring shining towards the corner of my eye.
Wonder if someone ran away
before I could catch them like the sun
hides before someone sees it
afraid they will come out to play?
You and I have so many fascinating conversations
as it gets later and later into the melancholic night.

about

who I am?
who I will be?
who I should be?
 
When we get around to you,
you tell me that I should go home.

Tears run down my face
there is a dark and heavy mist 
floating in the air
it weighs on my shoulders
lifts me up and spins me around.
You say that I should go home – 
what if this is my home?
You’re the one that brought me here
with your trembling voice
begging me to stay.
I look up at one
melancholic moon as it whispers,
please stay. don’t go. you’re always gone for too long.
I whisper back,
I can’t stay. It’s too much of a risk.
Neither of us knows where this could go.
But I don’t want to leave this fresh air.
Isn’t it strange that the sky is dark

yet

so refreshing?

There is a dark and heavy
mist in the air that weighs
onto my shoulders,
lifts me up and spins me around.

It would be wrong to be with you.
The moons’ glisten pulls me in closer
as its hands go around my waist
and underneath my skin
sometimes
I forget what it’s like to feel alive.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A neverending story

What do I know?

Secrets (part 1)